UHC Data Portal Updates: February 2023
uhc, January 31, 2023
- Data Portal Launched to UHC in December weekly forum
The UHC Data Portal has been introduced and launched to the UHC community at the December 7 weekly forum and the poster presentation link available here. Since that event, the Research & Data Core has added the datasets listed below. Our team is prioritizing datasets based on needs of ongoing UHC projects, requests submitted via email and research initiatives under development. If you have any questions or requests for new datasets, please contact to UHCdata@drexel.edu.
- New resources
UHC R&D team published a resource sheet with information on the census and ACS dataset series to clarify on what is Census/ACS and how to use the data, what is the difference between decennial and 5-years estimate and much more to provide clarity about these series of datasets for those who are new to Census/ACS data. Click the link below to have access to the first resource Sheet.
- New datasets
During the past two months we added more than 15 new datasets. A large part of these new additions belonged to the nationwide American Community Survey population estimates. These population estimates by age group, sex and race/ethnicity can be used when knowing the number of people is important such as for denominators for mortality rates.
New Philadelphia datasets include vacant buildings and land which complements the external conditions from parcel data previously included on the portal.
In addition to SAS and CSV formats, some datasets that include boundaries are available as zipped geodatabases or shapefiles (SHP)
- Census tracts 2000 Philadelphia Camden Vineland CSA: Census tract boundaries for Philadelphia Camden Vineland CSA Tract 2000 Philadelphia Metro Area
- Vacant Buildings & Land Census Tract 2010 boundaries
- Vacant Buildings & Land Census Tract 2020 boundaries
- Decennial Census (2000): Decennial Census (2000) Tract 2000 US for 2000
- Decennial Census Population Estimates (2000): Decennial Census Population Estimates (2000) Tract 2000 US for 2000
- ACS 5-year aggregated summary data (2016-2020): American Community Survey Population Estimates 5-year (2005-2009) Tract 2000 US for 2005 to 2009
- ACS Population Estimates 5-year aggregate for the following years:
2005-2009, 2006-2010, 2007-2011, 2009-2013, 2010-2014, 2011-2015, 2012-2016,
2013-2017, 2014-2018, And 2015-2019