uhc, March 3, 2023
- Data Portal New Resources
Last month’s UHC R&D team published a resource sheet with information on the census and American Community Survey (ACS) series to guide users new to these data with information about the Census/ACS and how to use the data. It explains the difference between the decennial censuses and 5-year ACS estimates and answers other commonly occurring questions about these series of datasets. Click the link below to have access to the first resource Sheet.
- New datasets
During the last month in addition to new datasets, data team made updates to some documentations. UHC data team added notes and formulas for each variable created for ACS 2005-2009 through 2017-2021 to the variable list files belonging to each dataset.
The data team has focused on data for the metropolitan Philadelphia area but is also working with nationwide datasets. This month we added tract average percent impervious for the contiguous US 2016 and 2019.
- ACS Population Estimates 5-year aggregate for the following years:
- ACS 5-year aggregated summary data (2017-2021): American Community Survey Population Estimates 5-year (2017-2021) Tract 2021 US for 2017 to 2021
- Updated Variable List for all ACS files for more information and clarity on the way each variable created (2005-2009 to 2017-2021)
- National Land Cover Dataset (NLCD) tract average percent imperviousness for contiguous US (2016, 2019)
The data team is prioritizing working on new datasets to be prepared and added to the Data Portal based on ongoing projects, focusing on datasets that are useful for multiple projects, and data requests submitted via email. If you have any question or to request a new dataset please contact UHCdata@drexel.edu